Walk a Mile in my Shoes
1 in 5 adults, adolescents, and children can have behavioral health disorders that interfere with the way they think, feel, and act. When untreated, behavioral health disorders can lead to school and work failure, family conflicts, drug abuse, violence, and even suicide. Untreated behavioral health disorders can be very costly to families, communities, and the health care system.
When we think about cancer or heart disease, we don’t wait years to treat them. We begin with prevention. So why don’t we do the same for individuals dealing with behavioral health problems? It’s time to change the conversation.
The idea behind Walk a Mile in My Shoes is to encourage people to help to break down the stigmas associated with behavioral health—to take a look and walk in someone else’s shoes. Our hope is that, one day, behavioral health will have the same recognition and support as other common medical conditions such as heart disease or breast cancer.
The 2017 Walk a Mile in My Shoes will be held Saturday, April 29 at Ozark Guidance, 2400 S 48th Street, Springdale
- a SALE of new and nearly new shoes, handbags, accessories, and more
- a RACE, 5K and family fun walk
- a VIP PRESALE PARTY with access to the best selection of products the night before, along with great food and entertainment (Friday, April 28)
How can I help?
- We all have those ‘toe‐pinchers’ that we bought, wore once or twice, and then vowed to never wear again—but they’re basically NEW. Or your kids outgrew a pair of shoes before the box hit recycling. Organize a shoe/handbag collection with your family, friends, workplace, or neighborhood. Donations are tax deductible.
- Buy tickets to the Friday Presale Party to get the best selection.
- Tell others about the event. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
- Retailers/vendors can provide in-kind merchandise to the sale—turn of season, samples, etc.
For more information about the Walk a Mile in My Shoes SALE benefitting Ozark Guidance visit http://www.ozarkguidance.org or call 479‐725‐5294.